Greenwood County offers a functioning landfill for the disposal of Construction and Demolition debris. This landfill is available to all residents and businesses in Greenwood County and open to any contractors with job sites within county lines.
Landfill Hours of Operation & Contact Information
Mondays: 8:00am to noon
Wednesdays: 8:00am to noon
Fridays: 8:00am to 3:00pm
The second Saturday of each month: 8:00am to 3:00pm
**Hours are subject to weather**
Next Saturday Date: October 14th, 2023
- Any Construction and demolition debris
- Demolished or burnt down buildings (this includes but is not limited to: insulation, paneling, shingles, siding, drywall, lumber, carpet, etc.)
Items Accepted for NO Charge
- White Goods (hot water heaters, washers, dryers, refrigerators/freezers, air conditioners – with freon removed before dumping)
- Furniture (mattresses, tables, chairs, dressers, end tables, cabinets, etc.) – unless in large quantities
- Clean concrete and asphalt rubble (NO REBAR)
- Trees and brush
- Metal and wire
Items NOT Accepted
- Tires (must be brought to County Shop for disposal for a fee)
- Processed (treated) wood
- Bagged or large quantities of leaves and/or grass clippings
- Plastic of any kind
- Chemical or Aerosol Containers
- Mobile Homes
- Telephone Poles
For any other questions regarding the landfill please call (620) 583-8111.
Wednesdays &s Thursdays 8:00am to 4:30pm
Hamilton – Full time
Severy – Full Time
For more information about accepted recycling or trailer locations click HERE.
Monday – Thursday 6:30am to 4:30pm
Friday – CLOSED
Dump cost ranges depending on the load size. Starting fee is $15 for pickup bed.
*Tires can also be brought to the County Shop for a fee.
For more information about what is accepted at the County Shop click Here.
Applications must be filled out and a copy returned to the office before a permit is numbered or valid.