Skip Navigation Website Accessibility

Welcome To
Greenwood County, Kansas


How are you assigned to cases?
       Once the Sheriff's Department investigates a complaint it is turned over to the County Attorney who  decides whether or not to file charges.

Will I receive compensation for appearing as a witness?
     By statute, you will receive $10 per day.

What is a first appearance?
     A first appearance is a hearing where the defendant is informed of charges filed against him or her. At this hearing a lawyer may be appointed if the defendant cannot afford to hire one.

What if my employer won't let me come to court?
     If you are lawfully subpoenaed to court an employer cannot prevent your attendance.